27 October, 2008

Final Week of PreSeason

Notes before I Begin
-Sorry for the delay in blogging. Had a week of 3 midterms which equals HELL
-Had a dilemma with getting my blog out there. Some people in forums don't take blog marketing lightly. My view is heck, we're all Warriors fans, I'm not promoting on anything but Warriors sites... People on Warriors sites go there for information/discussion/analysis on anything Warriors related. Why wouldn't they want to hear about another blog where they can get go to for information? And also, no one is forcing anyone to come here. I do it for the fans. But that's fine... I've decided I will continue running the blog even if only a handful of people read it. No harm No Foul.

The Preseason Finale-- The Warriors won 126-106 against a non-nba team (Lietuvos Rytas). Jackson demonstrated once again he was the go-to guy, whether that be good or bad, and finished with 28 points. One thing I haven't mentioned yet is that he's been surpringly accurate thus far in the preseason from the 3pt line and beyond, and that could be huge if driving down the lane starts to fail and he begins forcing way too many turnovers. I won't say much more on this as it's already late and most people have already gotten over this one, but I'd like to point out that neither PG really demonstrated they were ready to take the starting spot over (although Nelson did grab a team high 8 boards). Also, our youngster Wright and Belinelli were solid. Wright had another 15 point game, and Marco interestingly only had 2 points but 5 assists and 5 rebounds. I wouldn't seeing a few of those types of games out of Marco, showing us he's not just a shooter. He looked to be creating for others and with Baron gone we could use as much of that as possible from every player on our roster...

Open Practice-- I wasn't there as I'm in school in San Diego but from what I hear Jackson again demonstrated he's far and away the best player on the roster. More importantly however it seems Randolph had a very aggressive showing. Going back to the final preseason game, Don Nelson mentioned it would be dress rehearsal for the regular season. If that's the truth, then it seems all the youngsters will be given a chance, atleast in the beginning of the year, to get into the rotation. In particular, Randolph and Wright both getting 15 minutes a game would be great. If nothing else I would hope to see them aggressive and active for the entire time. They won't be needing to conserve as much energy as say, Jackson or Maggette. Lastly, Marcus Williams had an excellent offensive showing in which he scored 25+ odd points, and yet after the practice Nelson completely dissed him. I believe one reporter said something like wow, Marcus was impressive tonight, and Nelly replied, he was? Than you weren't watching the same game I was. Very interesting to see how we gave a pick for a guy who's already in Nelly's doghouse.

Final Words-- The roster is set. Kurz was recently cut despite his heroic performance over in China. That means we're keeping both Morrow and Williams, but doesn't necessarily mean we'll play them both very much, if at all. Opening night is Wednesday at Oracle Arena, 7:30pm and we open up the season with a tough game against New Orleans. I'd love to see Demarcus Nelson open up the year with a stellar defensive performance on Chris Paul but I'm sure that's wishful thinking... Feel free to post any predictions or any other wishful thoughts before the game. Don't forget to check back here Wednesday Night for the recap.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is great that you started the blog. Keep up the good work. It is always nice to hear others thoughts and to discuss with avid fans. I book marked your page. =)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you're in it for the long run. I have enjoyed your blog on the Warriors since it started and look forward to checking it out. I plan on logging on often. Keep up the good work!

AndrewR1388 said...

Appreciate the comments guys, I really do. I'm certainly in it for the long run, particularly if I have a couple of people bookmarking this site. I'll still post in GSOM, as they haven't complained yet and we'll move on from there. But yes sir, I just ordered NBA League Pass and I'm pumped for Wednesday. Can't Wait

Anonymous said...

Hey, I read your blog too, and I enjoy reading, so keep it up!

Jacob Greenberg said...

yeah, don't worry about x-posting on GSOM. you gotta get your product out there somehow, and this is quality sportswriting.

keep it up!